FDCC SCAP update

General support questions for the Secutor Prime product.
Jeff

FDCC SCAP update

Postby Jeff » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:10 am

We have downloaded the latest SCAP content (FDCC-Version-1.0-2008-06-20.zip) for use with Secutor Prime. On the NIST download page it also has a spreadsheet listing the changes in the settings, and includes a note that the setting "Windows Firewall: Define port exceptions" has been deleted from the list of settings to be used for XP.

When I scan a local computer with Secutor Prime it flags the "Define port exceptions" as an error. It is not flagged using the files from 5-21. Is this a problem with the files NIST has available for download, which could be ignored for our scan results, or is there something I need to change in the Secutor software?

robert.hollis
SME

Re: Define Port Exceptions

Postby robert.hollis » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:55 am

Digging through the content a bit and the spreadsheet, I have more questions than answers at this time.

The content does indeed still check for this setting, and expects it to be set to "Enabled". I'll have to check with NIST to see if this is an oversight, or intended.

-rob

robert.hollis
SME

Postby robert.hollis » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 am

I just received word back from NIST. Yes, this setting should be removed from the content. There are some other items (such as SID Name Translation) that also need to be addressed. However, for now there is no proposed date for fixing this item.

In Secutor Prime, you can declare it as a deviation to keep it from impacting your score.

-rob

Jeff

Re: Define Port Exceptions

Postby Jeff » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks for the quick response, hopefully NIST will update the setting in a later release of the content.

Return to “Secutor Prime Support”