Install Key: This Key has already been used

General support questions for the Secutor Prime product.
bcru

Install Key: This Key has already been used

Postby bcru » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:08 pm

In attempting to install the key for product activation, a response of "This key has already been used." appears in the dialog on a system with a new installation of the software. The key has not been installed on another system to our knowledge. The last installation with the now exprired key is on a sperate system no longer in sue which was not updated with this new key.

Is there a way to regain control over the key, get a new key, deactivate the current one or address this situation or determine if this is a bug?

(This installation of Securtor Prime Pro is on Windows 7.)

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:14 pm

It sounds like the key you are attempting to activate with is not the correct one for your license renewal. I will have Product Support contact you directly and get you going as soon as possible.

bcru

Postby bcru » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Follow-up: Even though the message appeared, after restarting the software the current license informtion was displayed and no futher action to activate was required.

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for the update.

Now that you mention it, one of the possibilities that escaped me is if the new key had been installed but the application had not been restarted. It prompts for a restart after a key is installed or updated, but I'll take look and see if it's possible to install a new key without that prompt showing up.

Return to “Secutor Prime Support”