Unable to remediate after assessment on Windows 7 64 bit

General support questions for the Secutor Prime product.
cmlonergan

Unable to remediate after assessment on Windows 7 64 bit

Postby cmlonergan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:29 pm

I have successfully run assessments on a Windows 7 64 bit system against the OS, Firewall, and IE policies. The user guide states that after an assessment, the tool will switch to Fix mode, but I have not been able to successfully do this. I have selected the "Fix" radio button in the interface, but the "Go" button does not work after. Is there a step somewhere I have missed?

cmlonergan

Postby cmlonergan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Let me clarify - I do have a license key and the product has been activated, but the fix still has not worked for most assessments. I was able to fix the Windows Firewall findings, but IE8, Windows 7 OS, and Windows 7 Energy have not given me the Fix option.

robert.hollis
SME

Postby robert.hollis » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello,

To clarify, when you say the application has not given you the Fix option, is this saying that the "Run Now" button is disabled in Fix mode? Or, are you able to depress the button with none of the ensuing remediation actions being successful?

Also, when you load the benchmarks, is the Remediation content available? You can determine this by using the Content Change button under Assessment Conditions. When you select an available resource file, the Reference Check button in the lower left should show Yellow for the USGCB benchmarks (they are missing the CCE/800-53 mapping file from NIST).

If you click on that Reference Check button, you will see a listing of required and optional files for the benchmark. Look for the line specifying xxxx-Remediation.xml (where "xxxx-" represents the the benchmark filename) and ensure that the Status is "Available" (shaded green).

cmlonergan

Postby cmlonergan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:36 am

What i mean is: after the assessment, the Fix option is selected, but the Run Now button is grayed out, so i cannot run any fixes.

I did try to see if remediation content is available using your steps, and the remediation content for all that i am having an issue with is green and marked available.

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:30 am

If you open Tools --> Settings and go to the "Remediation" tab, is the "Enable remediation" checkbox checked?

cmlonergan

Postby cmlonergan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

Ha! That worked, thanks!

Return to “Secutor Prime Support”