Automatic report generation, revisited

Support topics for the enterprise version of ThreatGuard's SCAP products.
owensjp
Contributor

Automatic report generation, revisited

Postby owensjp » Wed May 21, 2008 6:18 am

After scheduled scans execute on a daily basis, we would like to be able to automatically export aggregated results in XML format for all the 800-53 benchmarks. Thanks to a recent patch of Navigator, we currently have the ability to export this data manually, one benchmark at a time. Is there any plan in the works to add this capability to Magnus?

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Wed May 21, 2008 6:45 am

For data automation the supported mechanisms are SOAP and ODBC/JDBC.

The Navigator client is in fact a SOAP client and every request it makes of the server can be done via a request to the Magnus SOAP server with the results returned as an XML document wrapped in a SOAP envelop.

If you are working in a manner that gives you direct access to the database you can also perform your own queries at any time. We include the DDL that creates the database structure as part of the Magnus install to facilitate this as an option.

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Wed May 21, 2008 6:49 am

I just checked to be certain, and as of right now we do not have any scheduled development tasks to create an automated export facility.

owensjp
Contributor

Postby owensjp » Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am

Thanks for checking on that! Is there a chance you'd be willing to share the SQL query(ies) that return the same results as those that come with the manual export method?

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Wed May 21, 2008 10:53 am

I'll need to run this past legal and see what I can do. If I remember right that shouldn't be an issue, in which case I'll send more details directly to your email account.

owensjp
Contributor

Postby owensjp » Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 am

Awesome, thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed on the legal stuff.

Return to “Secutor Magnus Support”