Export is reporting extra compliance failures

General support questions for the Secutor Prime product.
tegist
Contributor

Export is reporting extra compliance failures

Postby tegist » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 pm

I'm using Secutor Prime Build 3032 on a Windows 2008 R2 x64 server. I installed Secutor using the guidance in "64-bit Windows assessments using Secutor Prime". I'm using the latest Java 64-bit JRE (downloaded and installed today). I'm using SCAP files exported from Microsoft's Security Compliance Manager. I tell Secutor to use the 64-bit versions of the tests.

I export the results to a CSV file. I filter to export compliance failures only, using the check boxes in the export dialog. When I open the CSV file, I find failures when the item actually passed. For instance, "Domain Member: Digitally sign security channel data (when possible)" passes, while the CSV shows it as failed.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Tom Gist

tegist
Contributor

Export is reporting extra compliance failures - Update

Postby tegist » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 am

I ran an assessment using the Secutor-supplied W2K3 SSLF SCAP files. Secutor reported 47 failures. CSV had 55, including 37 with CCE numbers and 18 without. Still doesn't match, but closer
Tom Gist

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Mr. Gist,

Thanks for reporting this. This looks like an inadvertent side affect that crept in while addressing a different recent functional change, which I have been able to confirm using local resources.

Unfortunately, it looks like the bug is at a low enough level that results are incorrectly reported to the exporter, so I don't see a viable workaround until we can get a fix into the product.

tegist
Contributor

Extra failures

Postby tegist » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm

That's unfortunate, as there doesn't seem to be a clean way to get a list of failures. Am I missing something?
Tom

gunnar
Site Admin

Postby gunnar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Under the Reports menu you can generate a variety of reports for either a compliance assessment or a vulnerability assessment. The reports are displayed in your default browser in HTML format, but the report is actually written to the Reports directory before opening the browser.

Return to “Secutor Prime Support”